PDA

View Full Version : jayco roof sagged and canvas shrunk

jaycoswan
3rd Aug 2010, 07:15 PM
Hi, I would appreciate your help. Im looking for ideas on how to deal with two problems with a Jayco swan I own.
The roof has slightly sagged looking at the outside in the middle, has anyone had experience in fixing the internal roof structure of a Jayco ? The internal ceiling looks good with no water stains, so assume that a tree branch or something heavy fell on it with a past owner.

The second area I need help is with the canvas, its in great shape, about five years old but it must have shrunk and as it is too difficult to pull over the bed ends that roll out.
Has anyone faced this problem, I was thinking of shortening the bed ends as the canvas is in such good shape otherwise. Anyone played with bed ends.

Ideas most welcome.

Andrew (brunswick Victoria)

dazzler
4th Aug 2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Andrew

That is really weird about the canvas. Are you sure its shrunk and not operator error? :)

Are you fitting the canvas to the velcro underneath and then swinging the big end pipe up and against the end of the canvas, and then fitting the center pole?

jatt
5th Aug 2010, 11:20 PM
I was thinking of shortening the bed ends as the canvas is in such good shape otherwise. Anyone played with bed ends.

Take some fotos of your van and post em up.

Tankstand
5th Aug 2010, 11:26 PM
In time, canvas shrinks up to 5% along its warp (The length of the roll) (Not weft, Across the roll)!

jatt
5th Aug 2010, 11:33 PM
Yeah which way the pieces are cut off the roll can make quite a difference wrt to shrinkage.