PDA

View Full Version : Sandblast & Paint Job needed...

Gwhat
16th May 2010, 09:07 AM
Hi all

My trusty 6' x 4' box trailer, really needs a sandblast and paint, any leads as to where I can get this done in the Dandenong - Frankston to Moorabbin are would be appreciated.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Grahame

Yonnee
18th May 2010, 12:31 PM
Give Jackie a call at Blastmasters, 9706 4488. They're in Ordish Road, Dandenong.

I used to deal with Jackie when she was working for Earhardt Sandblasting, then when she and her then partner had Classic Blasting, now Blastmasters is her own business.

Mind you, it won't be cheap. A blast, prime and paint can set you back almost as much as a new trailer. But then the new trailer will only have a single coat of thinned down Hammertone. If you want to save a bit, strip as much off the trailer as you can yourself, such as lights, wiring, reflectors, etc., and then just get it blasted and primed. Then if you have a spray gun and compressor you can do the top coats yourself. Or a thick layer of Hammertone with a brush will give you a very durable finish.

And if you need any help with re-wiring, or if the trailer needs any welding/repairs done before painting, let me know.