PDA

View Full Version : trailer mounted back hoe

jatt
25th Jan 2010, 08:43 AM
Hi,

Anyone had any experiences registering what I call a trailer mounted back hoe these days.

I know there would have to be lites.

Have enclosed a pic from a site that sells plans to build one. Only toying with the idea of building one at this stage.

Its that or the hassle of getting it on/off the tandem.

Thanks in advance

Jatt

jatt
25th Jan 2010, 08:45 AM
Here is the pic

Yonnee
25th Jan 2010, 08:44 PM
Hey Jatt. The National reg's call it a Plant Trailer. The technical description in the 'Bible' (VSB1) states; "A trailer which, instead of a loadspace, has fixed to it machinery such as an air compressor, concrete mixer or drilling rig."

So, as long as it had all lights and reflectors in correct locations with respect to its diemsions, obtain a VIN number from the VIN section of Vicroads, then there should be no reason why it cannot be registered.

Cheers,
Yonnee.

welder
25th Jan 2010, 09:19 PM
hi i cant help about the registering thing but i built one 2 years ago it works great i have some free plans if you want them if i were you i would use used hydraulic bits if possible i did and i also used used steel the project came in at $1200 and it works great.

.RC.
25th Jan 2010, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't mind a set of plans for it..

jatt
26th Jan 2010, 09:02 PM
Happily take you up on the offer.

Thanks.

welder
27th Jan 2010, 11:27 PM
here are the plans i used they are good and need little modification i hope someone else builds one as they are excellent machines

jatt
29th Jan 2010, 09:05 PM
thanks welder

Looks good. Of course pics of your finished masterpiece is a must :D